Pandemic Love-My Love Affair with Mexico in 2020


Prior to Covid, I had traveled to Mexico, but never visited Cancun.  I had intentions of traveling to Cancun in 2020 so it was going to happen, eventually.  Throughout 2020, Mexico was one of the only countries that never placed restrictions on travelers flying in, and I ended up in Mexico 4 times in 2020.  Traveled to Cabo one time and the other 3 times I visited Cancun; I've also been to Cancun 1 more time in 2021.  Unfortunately, due to the new CDC requirements, traveling to Mexico (or rather returning from Mexico) is going to entail some of the same protocols as traveling to many other countries in regards to presenting negative Covid test results.  These new guidelines have prompted me to start considering venturing out to some other destinations.  I will take you along when I do; but for now...this post is about Cancun and how grateful I am to the entire country of Mexico.

I know nobody down there will probably get this "thank you", but I have to put it out there.  Mexico, specifically Cancun, has been my saving grace over the past year.  I owe my sanity to Mexico.  I know it may seem dramatic, but I don't know what I would have done had I not been able to escape the drama and chaos of 2020 by traveling back and forth to Mexico to recharge.  I know many people's mental states have deteriorated greatly and Mexico has prevented mine from spiraling downward even further than it already has. It's a debt I can only repay by encouraging my clients to travel there, and I will continue to do just that.   

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to this wonderful, welcoming country; and don't you worry, I'm not finished with Mexico  yet!


Comments

Popular Posts